RonJon Sport Design Acura ILX Concept - Acura ILX Forums – ILX Club

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 03:38 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

RonJon Sport Design Acura ILX Concept

http://acuraconnected.com/2012/06/06...n-ilx-concept/

Quote:
I'm a huge fan of the ILX's exterior design right out of the box, but the RonJon Sport Design team looks to take it a step further with this concept rendering.

The Crystal Black Pearl ILX gets a new set of RonJon wheels, and teases an upcoming Splitter kit that's in the works.

They've also added a new, simplified grille that they're looking for feedback on. The newest iteration of the Acura “shield” grille works so well on the ILX, so I'm a bit undecided.
What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 04:08 AM

RE: RonJon Sport Design Acura ILX Concept

I love your different grill and the fishnet effect on the lower front end. I hate that OME big splash of chrome on the front end. It looks like someone is smiling at you with a mouth full of chrome teeth.

I'm waiting for someone to figure out how to colorize the chrome trim that wraps around the side windows. I've a metal metallic ILX (that's dark gray to normal people) that would be much improved if the chrome wrap around could be changed to a muted green or matte finish dark gray. IMO. Yes, I know about masking tape and spray paint - but not that brave. LOL.

I've already pryed off the center wheel caps and spray painted them a light muted green color. Changes the look dramatically, IMO. Subtle, but definite. Not the whole wheel, just the center 3 inch caps. Plus, if you don't like your first color choice go buy another can of spray paint and you change the look in an hour or so. However long it takes spray paint to dry. LOL Thinking about purple as choice number two.

Plus I want some kind of simple cap or cover that can snap into place on top of the back-up camera lens so as to extend out from the lens by an inch or so. Almost any rain gets on the lens and is very noticable when you next want to back up. Plus, I want the door lock button to be a bright stand out color (matte red, neon green, whatever) to make it easier to find with a quick glance. OR at least of a different rough touch texture to make it easier to find by feel. Now you really have to stop and look down to make sure you have found the button since the beep is so quiet. And, while we're at it, make the beep louder.

Other than all of those things - I love my new ILX. Approaching 1000 miles after 18 days. I've almost broken the lifetime habit of reaching for the keys before getting out. LOL.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

RE: RonJon Sport Design Acura ILX Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCIndepMo
I love your different grill and the fishnet effect on the lower front end. I hate that OME big splash of chrome on the front end. It looks like someone is smiling at you with a mouth full of chrome teeth.

I'm waiting for someone to figure out how to colorize the chrome trim that wraps around the side windows. I've a metal metallic ILX (that's dark gray to normal people) that would be much improved if the chrome wrap around could be changed to a muted green or matte finish dark gray. IMO. Yes, I know about masking tape and spray paint - but not that brave. LOL.

I've already pryed off the center wheel caps and spray painted them a light muted green color. Changes the look dramatically, IMO. Subtle, but definite. Not the whole wheel, just the center 3 inch caps. Plus, if you don't like your first color choice go buy another can of spray paint and you change the look in an hour or so. However long it takes spray paint to dry. LOL Thinking about purple as choice number two.

Plus I want some kind of simple cap or cover that can snap into place on top of the back-up camera lens so as to extend out from the lens by an inch or so. Almost any rain gets on the lens and is very noticable when you next want to back up. Plus, I want the door lock button to be a bright stand out color (matte red, neon green, whatever) to make it easier to find with a quick glance. OR at least of a different rough touch texture to make it easier to find by feel. Now you really have to stop and look down to make sure you have found the button since the beep is so quiet. And, while we're at it, make the beep louder.

Other than all of those things - I love my new ILX. Approaching 1000 miles after 18 days. I've almost broken the lifetime habit of reaching for the keys before getting out. LOL.
We need to see photos of your ILX, especially with those changes!

Perhaps you could buy an extra set of window trim to experiment with?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura ILX Forums – ILX Club forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page