First ILX at Acura dealers now - Acura ILX Forums ILX Club

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
LBH

First ILX at Acura dealers now

A cellphone pic of the first ILX at a California dealer. Tech package for 32k. I like it. But a prop-rod hood is disappointing at 32k.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 11:08 PM

RE: First ILX at Acura dealers now

First test drive of new ILX in DC. I got to drive both the hybrid and the 2.0L version. Probably the first to drive them in DC. They told me the 2.4 was due in the showroom next month. Boooo...!!! Anyway, the surprise is the hybrid was quicker IMO than the 2.0 and more refined. 5-speed on the 2.0 is kinda clucky. I was impressed with the interior quality and build. Nice job Acura. The exterior will have to grow on me. Looks most like my current 2004 TSX. List price is shocking. 2.0 was 32K with dealer markup. Hybrid was 34K. Won't get me there with those numbers. Also considering Lexus CT200h and Audi A3. Leaning CT right now. Actually cheaper and better on gas.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
LBH

I have not driven it yet, but I would actually expect the hybrid to be quicker and more refined than the 2.0.

I wonder how much room the dealer has to move on those sticker prices...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 04:45 AM

My dealer (Jay Wolfe Acura, Kansas City) has received their first deliveries.

Yes, that was me wondering around the dealer's lot at 2 AM comparing the stickers. One of the 2.0 models with tech & prem package was left unlocked so I got to check out the interior a little. Very nice (love the new car smell, LOL) with good elbow room and easy to deal with dash layout.

My test drive is Mon afternoon.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
LBH

TCIndepMo, did your dealer receive a 2.4L yet?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBH
TCIndepMo, did your dealer receive a 2.4L yet?
Did not see a 2.4L on the lot anywhere. Only one Hybrid with the Tech/Prem package which got the sticker to $35,295. Also had three 2.0L models (one with Tech/Prem package (sticker of $32,295) and two plain jane's (did not record sticker price on those). All were either black or dark gray color.

I noticed somewhere on the www recently that the 2.4L with 6 speed won't be available for another month or so. Acura to only produce about 5% of first year run as 2.4Ls. Read that on the internet so it has to be correct - right ?!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012, 08:28 PM

I've been waiting and waiting for this car to be released. Last week I went to 2 dealers. One said they had gotten 2 in and sold them the first weekend. The other dealer had a black hybrid with tech and a black 2.0 premium. They're both still on the lot (it's only been about a week).

I'm really torn though. I love the way the car looks in and out. I'm happy with the gas mileage and I love the reliability (a huge thing for me). The part that has me torn is the price. I'd like the technology package and I don't want the hybrid - so I'm looking at $31,400 for the 2.0 with tech. That puts it really close to the TSX price. Too close in my opinon.

I prefer the look of the ILX and gas mileage over the TSX but feel that the TSX is a much better value. (yet I "want" the ILX more)

Does a manufacturer ever lower msrp? I don't think so? The dealer tells me they're selling above msrp at the moment. Not sure if that's true but even if it is - I know that will pass as they start getting more cars on the lot. I don't plan to purchase for another 4-5 months. Is there ANY chance there would be incentives that soon or deals to be had that could put the ILX 2.0 with tech BELOW $30K before the end of the year? Am I crazy to hope for that?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura ILX Forums ILX Club forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page