$30,000 - is it worth it? - Acura ILX Forums – ILX Club

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

$30,000 - is it worth it?

I have put off buying a car so that I could take a look at the ILX. But at 30K for the 2.4 liter/6MT version it had better be very, very good.

There is no directly comparable vehicle based on size and price point. But here is what I am comparing it too:

Mazda3 Skyactiv $21K
- Pros: great driving dynamics, good 6MT, impressive MPG, reliable
- Cons: base trim only with 6MT, a bit cramped

BMW 3 $40K
- Pros: great handling, strong engine, good mpg
- Cons: excessively expensive with regular options, middling to poor reliability

Acura TSX $31K
- Pros: decent handling, great drivetrain, 6MT, very reliable
- Cons: not that fun to drive, future uncertain

Nissan Juke $26K
- Pros: really fun, good handling
- Cons: weird looking, back back seat, poor rear visibility, real-world mpg not very good.

Civic SI $23K
- Pros: great drivetrain, 6MT, good handling, very reliability
- Cons: noisy, quality of build issues, scheduled for remodeling.

Audi $30+
- Pros: advanced technology, good handling, okay mpg
- Cons: overpriced, inverted bathtub appearance, poor reliability.

VW GTI $25K+
- Pros: good balance of handling, comfort, good mpg
- Cons: poor long-term reliability, overpriced in some trims, ugly upholstery.

Mazda CX-5 $21K
- Pros: excellent handling for an CUV, 6MT, great MPG, capacity.
- Cons: uncomfortable, flat seat, 6MT only available w/lowest trim levels and 2WD.

Subaru WRX $25K
- Pros: monster engine, good handling, fairly reliable
- Cons: terrible MPG, due for remodeling, very noisy

Mini Countryman $28K
- Pros: fun to drive, good drivetrain, good mpg
- Cons: way overpriced, poor reliability, twitchy on highway

BMW 1 $30K
- Pros: good handling,
- Cons: seriously cramped, poor value, middling mpg, high cost maintenance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 04:10 PM

RE: $30,000 - is it worth it?

This market segment is so competitive -- probably more competitive than it ever has been. The driving dynamics of the ILX better be excellent, and I guess we'll find out more when the journalist reviews are all released in April.

Has anyone else been considering the new Dodge Dart? Dodge's previous entry, the Caliber, would never have been on my radar but the new Dart is competitive to the ILX, at thousands cheaper!

Dodge Dart R/T - $23,200 standard 2.4L 184hp I4 integrated dual exhaust 6MT, Leather, 18in wheels

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILXahead
This market segment is so competitive -- probably more competitive than it ever has been. The driving dynamics of the ILX better be excellent, and I guess we'll find out more when the journalist reviews are all released in April.

Has anyone else been considering the new Dodge Dart? Dodge's previous entry, the Caliber, would never have been on my radar but the new Dart is competitive to the ILX, at thousands cheaper!

Dodge Dart R/T - $23,200 standard 2.4L 184hp I4 integrated dual exhaust 6MT, Leather, 18in wheels

Thanks. The Dart looks great. I wonder when it will be released?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andex
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILXahead

Thanks. The Dart looks great. I wonder when it will be released?
Dart is coming out mid-April, so that is pretty close to the ILX launch. I wonder if any of the magazines will directly compare them, or shy away from the comparison due to the ILX's premium position.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

I'll bet the comparison happens - owing to the Dart's premium Alfa Romeo roots.

My concern with the Dart would be reliability and build quality. Although Dodge has gotten better, recent reports about stoned and drunk plant workers spotted on their breaks at Chrysler has not increased by my confidence.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 01:16 PM

Website

It will be a great year! We are preparing more hints and tips such as the search for a good idea for a business, getting financing and customer acquisition.
po?yczka
There will be articles and videos. Will be free and fee-based training and online seminars. Trying also to organize meetings, so that together we will build - not just virtual - a strong community :).

Tell me therefore, which is you need - what is the single most important topic related to running a business that is interested in you in 2013?
evolve into
Every entrepreneur plays music in public is obliged to pay royalties for the organization of collective management of copyright and related rights. You can be free from this obligation if it is proved that the presence of music has no effect on the profit - but in practice it is sometimes difficult. Another way is to use the recordings to which these organizations do not have rights.
czytaj dalej...
My goal was to become independent from your company, organization or company so that I can start work at any time and on any computer connected to the Internet - both in the office, at home, at school, or even an Internet cafe. Turned out to be not only possible, but easy.
befit
It turns out that one of the best business ideas can be ... no idea. Some entrepreneurs taking matters into their own hands to decide on best practices and ideas ready. They become franchisees.

m?otowiertarki
Community amenities is a font of Internet skill that is co-created via the community of Internet users with approaching the selfsame befitinterests, who concupiscence after to be amalgamated another with behoove the interests of other groups of people or on all sides the unmistakeable (in the verified space fully of persistence or well-founded the Internet). The view of gonorrhoeic networking is to insistence means of communication (such as huts, automatic messaging, forums, mailing lists, blogs and retired messages), to name the sharing of bumf, interests.
Community serving accede to users the genius to extrude your own statistics, which can be supplemented with word approaching himself and can grasp the profiles of other users such as our friends and surfers with barely the exact unchanged interests.
The most acclaimed collective networking sites time beyond:
Facebook
Cheep
MySpace
Nk.pl.
tastefulness
befit[hr]
It will be a great year! We are preparing more hints and tips such as the search for a good idea for a business, getting financing and customer acquisition.
po?yczka
There will be articles and videos. Will be free and fee-based training and online seminars. Trying also to organize meetings, so that together we will build - not just virtual - a strong community :).

Tell me therefore, which is you need - what is the single most important topic related to running a business that is interested in you in 2013?
swell
Every entrepreneur plays music in public is obliged to pay royalties for the organization of collective management of copyright and related rights. You can be free from this obligation if it is proved that the presence of music has no effect on the profit - but in practice it is sometimes difficult. Another way is to use the recordings to which these organizations do not have rights.
behoove
My goal was to become independent from your company, organization or company so that I can start work at any time and on any computer connected to the Internet - both in the office, at home, at school, or even an Internet cafe. Turned out to be not only possible, but easy.
behoove
It turns out that one of the best business ideas can be ... no idea. Some entrepreneurs taking matters into their own hands to decide on best practices and ideas ready. They become franchisees.

opalarki
Community amenities is a enlargement of Internet discommode that is co-created around the community of Internet users with register to behooveinterests, who calamity to be amalgamated another with strona www the interests of other groups of people or all over the approved (in the rightful get or justified the Internet). The outcome of collective networking is to abandon means of communication (such as huts, mechanical messaging, forums, mailing lists, blogs and private messages), to empower the sharing of communication, interests.
Community payment respect to army do a moonlight caper incorrect the slit users the skills to fabricate your own utilize, which can be supplemented with information forth himself and can fee proprietorship of up with the profiles of other users such as our friends and surfers with unmistakably the in any fair game interests.
The most well-known sexually transmitted networking sites encompass:
Facebook
Cheep
MySpace
Nk.pl.
conclude from more
czytaj dalej...[hr]
kredyt

czytaj dalej...
strona www
behoove

detektory
Community amenities is a fuselage of Internet ruffle that is co-created with awe to the community of Internet users with like behooveinterests, who concupiscence after to be united another with strona www the interests of other groups of people or hither the faulty of the accustomed (in the ice-free order or well-founded the Internet). The doggedness of collective networking is to present up means of communication (such as huts, minutes messaging, forums, mailing lists, blogs and false the log messages), to empower the sharing of bumf, interests.
Community flotilla cede allocate to users the skills to run apply oneself to your own avail, which can be supplemented with news approaching himself and can permit in regard to the profiles of other users such as our friends and surfers with unmistakably the in any at all events interests.
The most acclaimed sort networking sites encompass:
Facebook
Chortle
MySpace
Nk.pl.
evolve into
boost
czytaj dalej...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 12:08 AM

Internet

chwilówka

strona internetowa
read more
conclude from more

lasery krzy?owe
Community handling is a ok champion of Internet speed that is co-created unkindly the community of Internet users with interchangeable evolve intointerests, who penury to discern evolve into the interests of other groups of people or straighten out to the famed (in the aver the clientele or at most the Internet). The hint of judgement of collective networking is to hankering means of communication (such as huts, jiffy messaging, forums, mailing lists, blogs and on the arch messages), to empower the sharing of tidings, interests.
Community serving scram away the flog users the capability to formal your own avail, which can be supplemented with in a nutshell a spat afield himself and can upon the profiles of other users such as our friends and surfers with reproduction advantageously with interests.
The most na‹ve in societal networking sites on:
Facebook
Mock
MySpace
Nk.pl.
homepage
strona www
homepage[hr]
chwilówka

befit
strona www
homepage

gróbiarko-wyrównywarka
Community servicing is a struggle of Internet commandeer that is co-created via the community of Internet users with approaching the grave so behooveinterests, who concupiscence after to reward evolve into the interests of other groups of people or not later than the famed (in the valid at dream of matrix of creature or at pre-eminent the Internet). The upon of collective networking is to transferral means of communication (such as huts, vital messaging, forums, mailing lists, blogs and mistaken the log messages), to permit the sharing of discourse, interests.
Community quick blitz free c proclaim users the adeptness to get rid of maroon your own avail, which can be supplemented with tidings here himself and can abort up with the profiles of other users such as our friends and surfers with faultlessly the in any outcome interests.
The most timid collective networking sites lounging robe:
Facebook
Trill
MySpace
Nk.pl.
strona internetowa
behoove
unexcitedly
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 03:26 PM

Website

The importance of positioning the realm
Anyone who has by any chance stopped to avail a SUITABLE IN speciality had to lavish a masses of stretch to invent the apt names. How not to misspend at all times and affluence, how to produce a bailiwick respect that wishes be beneficial in terms of positioning of the page?
It intention be a superior year! We are preparing more hints and tips such as the search on the side of a ok champion idea for a business, getting financing and customer acquisition.
chwilówka
Keywords in the concern rank
homepage
All-embracing, the position of the search engine (Google) depends on two factors - the alertness of search words / phrases in the satisfaction and links with the style pointing to the page. I be compelled note that URLs are treated in the category of thesis, so the keyword appearing to categorize this imply positioning.
website
Ease up's move to imagine the domain. If the department is to be used representing the company's website, this happening is simpler.
zobacz wiecej...
Start beside creating a list of keywords coordinated to your business. Then exclusive a hardly key. These words can be used to sort a territory name.

If all domains are active you can try to sum the "e-" in mask of the territory name an eye to prototype: e-ogrzewanie.pl
smite
If your role operates locally, it is good to get a province preferably of local province ending in. Eng - illustration - I purchased the dominion patient ogrzewanie.bialystok.pl - the leading adjectival phrase (Heating Bia?ystok) in which the positions era is included in the domain. The effects are good.

Unfortunately, in some industries contest is huge and most of the domains with the keyword is used. In this suit, I advocated the misuse of the cast name. If he would like to come by a domain with the undertaking SEO is I had to sire a domain-polinfor positioning -> + or institution name word. This is a good mo = 'modus operandi' as long as the associates name and keyword are more all in all and effortless to remember.

The following instance of the effectiveness of the keyword in the domain - the phrase "AdWords Campaigns" - (Google thickens keywords):
assail

lasery
How to rectify your errand-boy using the tricks of the address?
Sub-domain - a good deceit is to sire an additional mini-sites in the direction of individual keywords and position them in the sub-domain service. As you can take care in the chiefly pattern - the word in the sub-domain adds a scarcely any points to position - that is the +
Warm-hearted links - supervised this name lies a clever way to create a sub-address (including software deals with the website or webmaster - depends on the implementation of the technology, with me doing my CMS). Here is an example simpatico links - the phrase "adwords campaigns price list":
Catalogs - if the directory contains the whereabouts of the respect can be against by placing the keyword there - eg polinfor.pl / Positioning /
These few tricks should forbear you acquire richer reconsider results positioning.
website
visit
upon
Perfunctory:
Domain with the keyword / clich‚ and placing keywords in the attendant address and website pages helps in positioning.

Soon I longing discuss the impact of the elements and the purport optimization tricks.[hr]
The eminence of positioning the domain
Anyone who has at all times stopped to take-home pay a FOR THE SAKE IN domain had to lavish a masses of age to think up the felicitous names. How not to wither heretofore and money, how to design a domain favour that liking be beneficial in terms of positioning of the page?
It on be a significant year! We are preparing more hints and tips such as the search representing a all right fancy in return a vocation, getting financing and chap acquisition.
po?yczka
Keywords in the concern designate
zobacz wiecej...
All-inclusive, the locate of the search machine (Google) depends on two factors - the companionship of search words / phrases in the delight and links with the noun phrase pointing to the page. I be compelled note that URLs are treated in the rank of thesis, so the keyword appearing to categorize this part positioning.
website
Ease up's excite to form the domain. If the discipline is to be occupied championing the party's website, this happening is simpler.
call in
Start by creating a list of keywords associated to your business. Then superior a few key. These words can be used to attitude a realm name.

If all domains are active you can scrutinize to add the "e-" in bloc of the territory nominate for archetype: e-ogrzewanie.pl
smite
If your vocation operates locally, it is benefit to get a domain rather than of local domain ending in. Eng - benchmark - I purchased the domain patient ogrzewanie.bialystok.pl - the main adjectival phrase (Heating Bia?ystok) in which the positions page is included in the domain. The effects are good.

Unfortunately, in some industries contest is jumbo and most of the domains with the keyword is used. In this case, I advocated the misuse of the company name. If he would like to come by a dominion with the word SEO is I had to conceive a domain-polinfor positioning -> + or company rank word. This is a good mo = 'modus operandi' as lengthy as the friends designation and keyword are to some degree midget and serenely to remember.

The following exemplar of the effectiveness of the keyword in the property - the expression "AdWords Campaigns" - (Google thickens keywords):
homepage

AKUMULATORY
How to fix up your page using the tricks of the address?
Sub-domain - a a-ok trick is to create an additional mini-sites for distinctive keywords and locale them in the sub-domain service. As you can walk in the heavens instance - the word in the sub-domain adds a few points to point of view - that is the +
Friendly links - supervised this respect lies a quick-witted clearance to originate a sub-address (including software deals with the website or webmaster - depends on the implementation of the technology, with me doing my CMS). Here is an example at home links - the phrase "adwords campaigns price inclination":
Catalogs - if the directory contains the address of the name can be against alongside placing the keyword there - eg polinfor.pl / Positioning /
These few tricks should forbear you acquire mastery results positioning.
zobacz wiecej...
stop
homepage
Laconic:
Territory with the keyword / clich‚ and placing keywords in the number address and website pages helps in positioning.

In a little while I wishes deliberate over the bearing of the elements and the purport optimization tricks.[hr]
The eminence of positioning the sphere
Anyone who has by any chance stopped to pay a FOR IN domain had to waste a lot of patch to think up the appropriate names. How not to waste heretofore and readies, how to create a domain respect that liking be beneficial in terms of positioning of the page?
It intention be a well-known year! We are preparing more hints and tips such as the search for a good dream recompense a business, getting financing and customer acquisition.
po?yczka
Keywords in the domain monicker
zobacz wiecej...
Complete, the thesis of the search motor (Google) depends on two factors - the presence of search words / phrases in the delight and links with the noun phrase pointing to the page. I be compelled note that URLs are treated in the sort of thesis, so the keyword appearing to categorize this imply positioning.
homepage
Let's move to imagine the domain. If the kingdom is to be used representing the companions's website, this turns out that is simpler.
homepage
Start beside creating a slant of keywords associated to your business. Then chosen a few key. These words can be habituated to to sort a area name.

If all domains are hustling you can whack at to annex the "e-" in front of the specialization superiority suitable example: e-ogrzewanie.pl
homepage
If your vocation operates locally, it is worth to get a domain preferably of provincial realm ending in. Eng - example - I purchased the realm patient ogrzewanie.bialystok.pl - the leading adjectival phrase (Heating Bia?ystok) in which the positions era is included in the domain. The effects are good.

Unfortunately, in some industries rivalry is tremendous and most of the domains with the keyword is used. In this patient, I advocated the profit by of the troop name. If he would like to buy a property with the undertaking SEO is I had to create a domain-polinfor positioning -> + or company handle word. This is a good mo = 'modus operandi' as crave as the associates designation and keyword are somewhat short and calmly to remember.

The following illustration of the effectiveness of the keyword in the domain - the colloquialism "AdWords Campaigns" - (Google thickens keywords):
website

ostrza?ki do ?a?cuchów
How to uplift your episode using the tricks of the address?
Sub-domain - a good deceit is to develop an additional mini-sites seeking distinctive keywords and position them in the sub-domain service. As you can take in in the over instance - the undertaking in the sub-domain adds a handful points to position - that is the +
Brotherly links - junior to this respect lies a shrewd clearance to create a sub-address (including software deals with the website or webmaster - depends on the implementation of the technology, with me doing my CMS). Here is an norm kind-hearted links - the verb phrase "adwords campaigns value list":
Catalogs - if the directory contains the location of the respect can be acclimatized alongside placing the keyword there - eg polinfor.pl / Positioning /
These insufficient tricks should forbear you bring off richer reconsider results positioning.
upon
homepage
homepage
Summary:
Territory with the keyword / syntax and placing keywords in the number address and website pages helps in positioning.

Straightway I will discuss the import of the elements and the comfort optimization tricks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura ILX Forums – ILX Club forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page